Minor Illness Clinic
If you are suffering from one of the following complaints, you are welcome to attend our Minor Illness Clinic. This clinic is led by Sister Sheila Hocknell, Nurse Practitioner. She is able to see patients with the following conditions:-
- chest infections,
- urine infections,
- chicken pox,
- chronic obstructive airways disease
- childhood illnesses.
Please phone Reception to book an appointment
- NHS Health Checks - we are pleased to provide this free health check service to patients aged 40 - 74 years with no pre-existing chronic medical condition. You will be invited to attend for a free check once every five years. We offer appointments on a Wednesday and Thursday morning and also late on a Friday afternoon. For more information on NHS health checks please visit: http://www.healthcheck.nhs.uk/
Coils & Implants
Dr Ruth Clayton is accredited to provide this service. We currently offer the following:
- Mirena coil
- Copper coil
- Jaydess IUD
Please book an appointment with the doctor or nurse for referral to this clinic.
Community & Care Co-ordinator
We recognise that there are many individuals who are socially isolated, lonely and need help within the community. Often these individuals have multiple health conditions, including memory loss and may often have limited networks of care or support.
In order to support such patients, the Practice has expanded its services to support the development of a role called the Community & Care Coordinator. The focus of this role is to help patients by coordinating support, signposting on or referring to other services which may help them to cope better with their every day lives. The support may be provided by the NHS directly or the voluntary Sector.
Kerry Foster would welcome contact from any patient or carer of a patient of the practice to see if she can offer help and support.
New Patient appointments
we invite all newly registered patients with the Surgery an appointment with our Health Care Assistant for a new patient check. At this appointment, we can offer a routine health check and learn a little of your medical history prior to your medical records arriving at the surgery.
If the doctor or nurse has requested an ECG, you can book directly into the ECG clinic held at the surgery.
24 hour BP monitoring
If the doctor or nurse has requested a 24 hour check on your blood pressure, we can offer this service within our practice. Please book your appointment via the reception team.
Spirometry (lung function test)
We are pleased to be able to offer this test at the surgery should a doctor or nurse request it for you. Please book your appointment via the reception team.
Chronic Disease Clinic for Heart Disease & Stroke
If you suffer from heart disease or cerebrovascular disease (stroke) you will be invited to attend the clinic on an annual basis to monitor your condition and offer advice on your health and well-being.
If you suffer from asthma or COPD (obstructive lung disease) you will be invited to attend the clinic for monitoring of your condition.
If you are suffering from symptoms please feel free to book your own appointment with one of our nurse specialists
Diabetic Chiropody Clinic
All diabetic patients will be invited to attend the chiropody clinic at the surgery on an annual basis. The clinic is held on a Tuesday afternoon twice per month.
If you suffer from diabetes you will be invited to attend the clinic on an annual basis to monitor your condition and offer advice on your health and well-being.
If you are over the age of 65 years or suffer from a chronic disease, you may be eligible for a free flu vaccine. The surgery holds Saturday morning clinics during September/October as well as catch up clinics from November.
We also offer the children's nasal vaccine to qualifying children. Please phone the reception team for more information or to book your appointment.
- Travel - if you are travelling abroad and require immunisation, please contact the Surgery at least six weeks prior to departure with your travel information. Please note, we only provide NHS travel vaccinations. You may have to visit a travel clinic if you have a complicated itinerary requiring non NHS vaccines. Please note that there is a charge for Malaria advice and prescription as this is not a service covered by the NHS.
- Childhood Immunisations - childhood immunisations are generally offered at our Baby Clinic on a Wednesday afternoon. If it is not possible for you to attend this clinic, please speak to a member of our reception team who will do their best to arrange a convenient time for you and your little one to attend.
- Other immunisations - the practice offers other services such as pneumococcal vaccines; shingles vaccines and meningitis vaccines. Please contact a member of the reception team to see if you are eligible for a free vaccine
Please ask at Reception for details on how to book your travel vaccination appointment.
Minor Surgery Clinics
Dr Rogers does the minor surgery clinics at the Surgery. He can deal with many minor problems ie. moles, cysts, skin tags, skin biopsies.
If you think you may have a urine infection or the Dr/Nurse has asked you to pop a urine sample into the surgery, please read the attached document. The questionnaire is available for you to print off and complete at home or you can complete it at the surgery. It is important that we receive a completed questionnaire with every urine sample handed into the practice. Urine Test Questionnaire.docx
Ear Wax Self Help Guide
We are committed to providing best practice and high quality medical care to our registered patients. Ear irrigation is no longer considered to be the first line treatment for the clearing of ear wax and it is not a routinely funded service within the NHS for General Practice.
Please see the attached guide for details on how to access services
Ear Wax Self Help Guide